By William Carlisle
This scarce antiquarian ebook is a facsimile reprint of the unique. as a result of its age, it will possibly comprise imperfections reminiscent of marks, notations, marginalia and improper pages. simply because we think this paintings is culturally very important, now we have made it to be had as a part of our dedication for safeguarding, holding, and selling the world's literature in reasonable, top of the range, sleek variants which are actual to the unique paintings.
Read Online or Download An Essay On Evil Spirits Or Reasons To Prove Their Existence: In Opposition To A Lecture, Delivered By N. T. Heineken (1825) PDF
Similar essays & correspondence books
This quantity is derived from papers provided via the North American delegates on the 3rd overseas Steinbeck Congress, held in could 1990 in Honolulu, Hawaii, lower than the co-sponsorship of the Steinbeck Society of Japan and the overseas Steinbeck Society. those ten essays, prepared in components, search to supply a clearer realizing of Steinbeck's existence and paintings in the course of his most efficient interval.
In 1859 the Finnish-Swedish aristocrat and naval officer, Hampus Furuhjelm arrived in Alaska as one of many Russian colony's final ambassadors. He introduced with him his younger spouse Anna Furuhjelm, who wrote many lengthy letters in English to her mom. those letters, for the 1st time, provide us a shiny photo of way of life within the colonial capital, Sitka, within the interval presently ahead of america.
To make feel of "free verse" in concept of in perform, the research of prosody--the functionality of rhythm in poetry--must be revised and rethought. In unfastened Verse: An Essay on Prosody, Charles Hartman develops a thought of prosody that incorporates the main attribute type of twentieth-century poetry.
In [this publication, the writer] discusses with signature candor the rewards and trials of the writing lifestyles, and recommends the instruments to navigate it. Addressing the reader in a conversational tone, he attracts at the better of greater than fifty years of his personal feedback, suggestion, and distinct observations in regards to the writer's craft.
- The Thread: A Mathematical Yarn
- Letters written during a short residence in Sweden, Norway, and Denmark
- Something I Said? Innuendo and Out the Other
- The Friday Book (Maryland Paperback Bookshelf)
- Border Correspondent: Selected Writings, 1955-1970 (Latinos in American Society & Culture)
- The Maisky Diaries: Red Ambassador to the Court of St James's, 1932-1943
Extra resources for An Essay On Evil Spirits Or Reasons To Prove Their Existence: In Opposition To A Lecture, Delivered By N. T. Heineken (1825)
20. THE NAMES GIVEN TO SATAN 52 " multitude of the heavenly host praised God" on the same occasion, in the noblest anthera ever heard in this lower world, and sang the highest God in angel rolled away the stone from the sepulchre of Christ lightning, to and on earth, peace, good-will towards ! "f "I saw," says St. "J hence, evident, that there are pure spirits or it is " And before any one angels, in existence. is so arrogant as to conclude that no Devil exists, he should first the ascertain possibility of his existence it is improbability, ; absolutely necessary for and im- but in order to him to this, comprehend the various links in the ascending chain of possible existences, to develope ti e realities of the unknown world, to prove that angels were not free agents or, if they were free agents, (which we have ; reason to believe,) in order to support the baseless hypothesis of no Devil, it must be proved, that they never, violated that compact, which, in a single instance, considering them as free agents, must necessarily * See Second Chapter of Luke, f Matt, xxviii.
EIeFORE I enter on the consideration of this subject, be proper to observe, that the Uni- it will deny the existence of angels, whether good Now, if there are no angels in existence, or bad. tarians it is absolutely impossible that there can be a super- If the existence of natural evil being, or Devil. angels is incredible, lowing reasons 1st. it must be for one of the fol- : That the nature of things disprove their some evidence which renders existence, or contains it highly improbable 2d. That it is Scripture, so as to 1st.
That and the Psalmist declares, sand ; of God that " the chariots are twenty thousand, even thousands of an- gels ;"t these are indefinite numbers, used press a very large one. Again he exclaims the Lord, ye his angels, When who to ex- — " Bless excel in strength*" ;(: mankind became incarnate Gabriel announced his birth to Zacharias and to Mary. An angel also proclaimed "glad tidings of great jof to the shepherds of Bethlehem and a the Saviour of ; * Matt. xxvi. 53, j Psalm Ixviii. 17, % ciii.
An Essay On Evil Spirits Or Reasons To Prove Their Existence: In Opposition To A Lecture, Delivered By N. T. Heineken (1825) by William Carlisle